Weather in the Santa Barbara Channel is unpredictable, and can be rough. The vessel you will be going
on is Coast Guard inspected and is operated by an experienced captain and crew. If you come properly
prepared you should have an enjoyable trip and one you will long remember. Please dress as indicated,
and bring only those items you need. Every boat has a different motion (pitch and roll). Even if you are
experienced on boats, please hold onto hand rails when moving about or standing, and watch how and
where you step. Island Packers cannot guarantee landing, at times weather and sea conditions prevent
CHECK - IN
• Arrive 45 minutes before your departure time.
• All passengers must have a boarding pass to board the boat.
• Day visitors will carry all items onto the boat. Please no items over 45 lbs, this includes ice chests
• Parking is limited due to high demand and restrictions. Carpooling is strongly recommended.
PREPARING FOR YOUR TRIP
• All Trips
• Food Service is available on the boat and is cash only. (Excludes s/v Bill Of Rights)
• Wear low heeled rubber soled shoes with good tread. (No high heels)
• Dress casually and in layers of clothing for cold and/or warm weather. Sunscreen is suggested.
• Bring a warm jacket/coat and hat. A lightweight raincoat is suggested for sea spray in the winter
• Cameras and binoculars are great to bring along.
• Check with your doctor for appropriate sea sickness medication if you feel it necessary.
• Non Landing Wildlife and Whale Watching Trips
• You may bring lunch, snack and non-alcoholic beverages for your time aboard.
• Island Landing Trips
• You should bring lunch snacks and beverages for your time ashore.
• Pack food in closed containers or day packs for protection from animals and birds while on the island.
KAYAK TRANSPORT (Island Landing Trips Only)
• You must reserve space for kayak transport.
• Kayaks must arrive one hour prior to your departure time.
• Kayaks must be empty of all gear.
• Your kayak must have a 6-8' line (rope) on the bow with a clip on the free end.
• Reservations must be cancelled not less than 5 days prior to the departure.
• Cancellations must be made by calling Island Packers at 805-642-1393 and obtaining a cancellation
WEATHER CANCELLATION POLICY
In case of unfavorable weather or sea conditions, Island Packers will cancel at 5:30 AM on the day of
your trip. On the morning of your departure, after 5:30 AM, please call 805-642-1393, select option 4
and listen to the recorded message for the status of your trip. Island Packers will not call you if weather
prevents us from going.
SAFETY ABOARD THE VESSEL
Island Day & Non-Landing
How to prepare for your trip.
The Local Islands
The Outer Islands
1691 Spinnaker Drive #105B
Ventura, Ca 93001
Channel Islands Harbor
3550 Harbor Boulevard
Oxnard, CA 93035 (No Mail)
9:AM to 5:00 PM
& One Hour Before Boat
Seven Days a Week
Open One Hour Before Boat